HoQ Garment care
We use mostly natural fabrics and fibres and all of our textiles come from various sources and producers. So garment care can vary and be an important part of making your garments last longer.
We have done our own tests on the fabrics we have used to minimise any change to the garments during laundering and to provide you with a beautiful garment each time. But all natural fibres have small amounts of variance and we strongly advise to follow the washing instructions provided*
Organic and fair trade fabrics
Our organic cotton and fair trade fabrics have been sourced from craftspeople all over the world. Hand-loomed and lovingly made by regional artisans. These fabrics do not go through the same industrial processes as many fabric producers use in large scale fabric production.
- Wash with cold or luke warm water - We recommend hand washing (which isn't as labour intensive as it sounds)
- Do NOT tumble dry - cotton of any kind really doesn't like heat. We don't advocate tumble drying any clothing.
- Line dry, out of direct sunlight to avoid any fading.
- Use non-bio detergent if necessary - we recommend
- We want your garment care to be as easy as possible and to make your clothing last a long time, please take care when looking after sustainable fabrics.
We want your garment care to be as easy as possible and to make your clothing last a long time, please take care when looking after sustainable fabrics.
- Dry cleaning - We don't want to add "dry clean only" to any of our garments as we understand that it is not always practical. We will advise you at any point if it is needed. The process is not very eco-friendly, but, unfortunately, some fabrics cannot be cleaned with water.
Swimwear, polyesters and recycled man made fabrics
Sometimes man-made fibres such as Lycra, polyester and viscose are added to a fabrics construction. This is to aid the fabrics longevity and keeps its shape and form. some of our fabrics used for swimwear are 100% man-made fibres and these garments can be laundered easily. wash at 30 degrees
- Do not tumble dry.
- Do not dry clean
- Line dry, out of direct sunlight to avoid fading.
- Use non-bio detergent if necessary - we recommend Ecover
We will always provide clear washing instructions on our garments. If you would like some reference to the meaning of any care symbols you are unsure of you can have a look at this reference to double check.
*Note - Please be reassured that you have the rights to return garments you are not 100% happy with. We are here to help you so please contact us if you have any issues. Garments that have been laundered by yourself and as a result of laundering have any irregularities can be returned, but please contacts us first via email and we will help you establish what we can do for you. We want 100% customer satisfaction and are here to help you out.